Thursday, June 18, 2015

WE ARE LATE!


Usually I have the older grandkids(over 12) join me for a few hours in the Spring to help decide on  theme and plan for Grandma Camp! Can you believe that I have not been able to get 4 teenagers together for that long to plan? I bet you can if you have active grands like I do!
For the last several years, well since he reached the ripe old age of 12, Jakob has wanted to do Grandma Olympics again. He was just 3 or 4 when we last did it as a camp. He was out voted before, so this year we are going to do it!
I know that all the kids will enjoy it, since all of those that participated last time did. Even though the picture is not the best, you can see that they had their own country, uniform (t-shirt), and lots of medals!
Where we live, it has turned really hot, really fast. That will mean that we will have to plan some activities in the shade or perhaps a few indoors.
I am excited to see what these kids will come up with! I just have to keep reminding them that we are on a budget! There are plenty of places and activities that we could do that would require money. I just cannot spend much and I want them to really use their imaginations and be resourceful.
I am getting nervous because nothing is sett including the date!
I will keep you posted.......

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for pictures of your Olympic Theme! My theme this year is Wild Wild West. I just received our cowboy hats from Ebay and I am so excited! I have planned a rodeo for dinner one night with activities for parents and kids both. My oldest is only 7, so I have to come up with pretty simple activities. Can't wait until some of them are old enough to help plan the camp! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will enjoy every minute of it! When we had Cowboy camp, we ate off of pie tin plates and cooked over the fire. My boss had a miniature horse that he gave the kids a ride on and the kids had stick horses that were penned in a "corral" when we were indoors. It was fun and as usual, memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand the difficulty of getting older grandkids together. They are a busy bunch!! Thanks for sharing at my Grandma Ideas link up.

    ReplyDelete